Monday, March 24, 2008

Hand-lettering vs. Computer fonts...

Okay, for anyone following me on Twitter or reading my Capes 'N' Babes blog, here is the Blog post I promised. Below are the two versions of the Capes 'N' Babes strip I did for today (March 24, 2008). I have been playing around with trying to hand-letter some of the Capes strips but after a week, I still haven't gotten to a point where I'm comfortable with hand-lettering.

I know a week isn't much time but I also think the "graphic designer" in me just hates the results. I have been told I have fantastic writing skills when I do cartoons in birthday cards or other very large illustrations but I think that legibility gets a bit lost in the strip. It could be the pen I'm using or the way I'm scanning my fully completed art. I'm not sure.

In any case, below are the two versions of today's strip. First, the original:



And now the one with the replaced computer fonts:



I might some day go back to hand-lettering, but for now, I think I'm going to retun back to computer lettering...

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Nice to have a comparison. I definitely like the computer font better. Kathryn from Webweavers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, 24 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 

web site hit counters
Wine.com Promotions